Monday, March 29, 2010

Welcome to my blog. I want to record my experience with gardening this year and connect with other gardeners. This is the fifth year that we (my husband and I) have had a square foot garden. We needed to replace three of our six boxes this year. As most projects in this household do, this one quickly became more than we anticipated. We instead replaced all six boxes, repositioned them, and will border the entire garden with landscape timbers and use gravel in the aisles. The renovation is almost complete. We have planted peas, spinach, onions, and lettuce so far. Here in southeastern Virginia we will wait a couple more weeks before putting out tomatoes, cucumbers, and green beans. Today is a cool, rainy day. Thus far we have had 3 inches of rain. I'm hoping that will water the seeds, not drown them! As all gardeners know, we can't do anything about the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment